Friday, June 10, 2016

Hark, a blog!

When I was a teenager, I left high school to home school myself. And now, as an adult, as I can't afford to go to grad school, I'm homeschooling myself again-- at the grad school level this time!

College is expensive. Really, really expensive. Undergrad alone cost me 70k!, and I don't have the ability right now to up and move to any school that accept me *and* give me that illusive humanities funding that I would need. But, I also need to learn, regardless. I need mental stimulation and intellectual goals to keep me going. (And, one day, I might actually try harder to get into an official grad school program, and need to prepare myself for it!)

So, I've recently started taking my constant reading/learning in a more organized direction, and found myself starting to call this project of mine home(grad)schooling myself on Women's Colonial-Era Travel Writing. And, unsurprisingly, the hardest part about this solo-journey, is not having anyone to talk to about any of it.

Thus, I have started a blog! Though I've been scribbling in my notebook, it'll help me learn how to write well if I force myself to write and summarize and think "outloud" here, and it will give me a place to share some of the fascinating/super helpful things and resources I come across. 

So, welcome to my blog, and thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment