Thursday, August 30, 2018

The Great Courses: Great Utopian and Dystopian Works of Literature

I've just finished The Great Courses: Great Utopian and Dystopian Works of Literature, with Professor Pamela Bedore, PhD, and I highly recommend it!


While my focus isn't on utopian literature, I do think it's important to understand the utopian lit in circulation before and during the projects I am studying (up until ~1920), for context. So the first 8 of these lessons were  relevant, particularly the ones that discussed Brook Farm & the Fruitlands, and my gal Charlotte Perkins Gilman. I took my first notes with my new printing-to-bigger-notecards system on the lectures, as well.


I did, of course, listen to the whole lecture series, too, and it was absolutely fastinating. And, honestly, I don't think my TBR (To Be Read list) will recover from the new To-Read book list for some time!

I personally bought this course off Audible, but I don't necessarily recommend them, only because they're owned by Amazon, and Bezos sucks. But, if you already have credits over there, I do think this is a great way to spend one-- MUCH cheaper than the price at The Great Course website. Many libraries carry Great Courses lectures as well, so that is also worth checking out, if you're interested!

5/5 stars, I do recommend checking this out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment